Are you using TWC app on your Roku device? Well, I am sure that you must be enjoying it. But, it saddens me after hearing from a number of people that they are facing issues while using TWC app on Roku devices. Roku P6 error is the problem that they are dealing with, and the worst part is, they didn’t know about the resolution as well.
Errors showing up on electronic devices is not a big deal because electronic devices tend to go bad, but if proper troubleshooting steps are followed, then things can restored for good. I have tried resolving P6 error on my Roku device, and I did it successfully without having my device undergo a factory reset. So, what this means? Well, I didn’t lose any of the settings that were present before the troubleshooting process, plus I don’t have to do Roku set up again. This is great, right? Yes, indeed, so I would like to share my procedure with all you guys, so that you can follow the same and get rid of P6 error forever.
- The first step would be to go to home screen of your Roku and press 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left and Right. You will have to use your Roku remote in order to press these buttons. Press the buttons in the same order otherwise things won’t change. There will be certain options on your screen that will display while you’re pressing the buttons, but just ignore the screen until you press all the buttons. Do it quickly or else you will have to start all over again.
- Now, Press “OK” so that installer can be enabled and restarted. You will have to enable developer mode, and in the developer mode, you will come across a screen where you will be asked to enter a password. Set a new password and wait while your Roku device is being put into the developer mode. Then, you will have to reboot the Roku player.
- After you see the Roku device back to the home screen, you will again have to follow the first step in order to enter the developer settings screen.
- Then, press ‘OK’ to disable the installer and also restart it. With this, the device will also go out of the developer mode.
Now, you have to check TWC app whether it is working or not. You can download new app version from Roku com link to be on safe side. In my case, it has worked, so I am positive that it is going to work for you as well.
If not, then there are chances that you will see a purple video screen, then there is no need to worry, as this can also be resolved by following below-mentioned steps or by logging onto Roku com.
- You have to unplug your Roku device.
- Then, unplug Roku HDMI cable including HDMI from back of your Television.
- Unplug power cable from television.
- Wait for a minute or so.
- Plug the power back again to the TV and turn on the TV.
- Connect HDMI cable back to both, Roku and TV.
- Plug power back to Roku device.
By doing this, the purple screen issue will also get resolved and TWC app will also work.
If there is any problem, then you can log onto www Roku com support website to fix this issue. They know how to fix app related issues, so they will be able to help you in the best possible way.
There is no need to enter Roku com link code enter, as that has nothing to do with this issue. Just follow the steps and fix the problem, or visit Roku’s official support website for the best resolution.