You can stream the content of your choice with the help of streaming device. But for this you need a good internet connection or wireless network. What happens when you are not able to connect to your network. Read the article and know what you can do.
Problems in Connecting to Home Router via a Wireless network
You can encounter this issue while setting up your Roku or even regular use. Here are the steps that can help you in getting connected with your wireless network or you can take help from the experts at Roku Com Link:
- Do you know the correct name of your wireless network? If you will select a wrong network, this can cause your network connection to fail. Try to find the correct name of your wireless network or you can log on to www Support Roku Com.
- Have you entered the password of wireless network correctly? If you know the password and it’s not working, then try to re-enter it. It is very common to make mistakes while entering the password.
- Check whether your router is working or not. You check it by connecting it to your PC or tablet and try to access the internet.
- Check the signal strength of your connection. If your password id correct, router is working and other devices can access and still you are not able to connect, then it may be due to weak signals. When your Roku device is away from the Router, then also you can face the issue of low or weak signals.
- Try to restart your Roku device. For restarting Roku go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart or you can unplug your device from power source and plug back it in.
Common Roku Error Codes and Recommended Action
If you still having the issue of Roku Not Connecting and you are seeing some error codes, then read below to know about the error code and the action recommended for it:
Error 14: It means failure to connect with wireless network. Try to connect it.
Error 14.40 or 14.41: This error is caused by non-connectivity or wrong password. Try to connect and check the password of the wireless network.
Error 14.20: This error is caused by weak signal strength or non-working of router. Check your router and signal strength of your wireless network.
Error 14.30: This error is due to weak signals. Try to restart both your router and Roku device.
Error 14.50: This error is also due to low connectivity. For this try to restart both Roku device and router.